The Burgeret Route approaches Mount Kenya on the Western side via Nanyuki Town. It is a much quieter route compared to the busy Northern slopes. The route starts of in the forest zone above the Gathiuru forest station, a station still used by the forestry department.
This route takes you through a few afro-alpine zone. The first two days are in dense forest made up of Giant bamboo, Ceders, Podocarpus(Yellow wood) and East African Rose wood, which you will see as you start to leave the forest, as you enter the Heather and mooreland zone.
And then you head up to where the vegetation stops and expansive views of the moorland and the dazzling snow-caped peaks tower above you. The beauty of this route is that you naturally “climb high and sleep low’, which is the best way to prepare your body for the altitude.
- Return private transport from Nairobi and back.
- 4×4 transport from Chogoria to the park gate.
- Park fees, camping fees and park rescue fees.
- Accommodation in Camp
- Park certified guides (ratio of 1:4 minimum)
- Porters and cooks
- All group equipment including mountain sleeping tents
- Meals on the mountain
- Guide and porter transport
- International airfare
- Kenyan visa
- Vaccinations and malaria tablets required
- Personal expenses and travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Medical and travel insurance (recommended to have one)
- Mountain staff tips paid in local currency to main guide for distribution in Chogoria after the climb.